No Fees Unless You Recover Compensation
Law Offices of Bo Katzakian

August 2017 Archives

What if an employer has no workers' compensation insurance?

It is the law in California that employers have workers' compensation insurance. However, there are times when they violate this law and do not have that coverage and subsequently fail to pay workers who have been awarded benefits. In such an instance, there are two funds that can pay benefits to workers, depending on the circumstances. They are the Uninsured Employers Benefits Trust Fund (UEBTF) and the Subsequent Injuries Benefits Trust Fund (SIBTF). Workers who are injured on the job should be aware of these options.

Avoiding chemical spills that could blast you into the hospital

Various industries in California use dangerous chemicals, and if your employer does not have established safety protocols for the storage of chemicals, you may be at risk of suffering severe consequences. The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health have strict regulations, and compliance is vital for the protection of employee health and safety. Furthermore, negligence in the handling of chemicals can be detrimental to the whole community.

Workers' compensation and the return-to-work supplement

There are many different aspects to workers' compensation benefits of which San Jose workers should be aware. In many instances, it goes beyond the most commonly understood basics such as payment of medical expenses and coverage for lost wages. One part of workers' compensation that might affect certain people is the return-to-work supplement program (RTWSP).

Underreported injuries in the petroleum industry

Construction workers get a lot of attention for the risks of injuries on the job. Many unquestioningly accept that construction and farming are two of the most dangerous professions, with injuries that are often debilitating or fatal. However, analysis of data gathered from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration shows that another industry may far surpass these two in fatalities and injuries.

Workers' compensation and supplemental job displacement benefits

Workers in California who are injured and permanently disabled may qualify to receive supplemental job displacement benefits through worker's compensation. This is a voucher that can be used to pay for the enhancement of skills or to be retrained. There are different rules for people who suffered their injuries between January 1, 2004 and December 31, 2012 and those who were injured on or after January 1, 2013.

Workers' compensation and restrictions when returning to work

When a San Jose worker is injured on the job, it is possible that he or she will eventually recover sufficiently to return to work. However, there are often questions as to what kind of work can be done upon one's return. This is why knowing the rules in California for restrictions with regard to workers' compensation claims is important.

Falling down on safety could lead to increased chance of falls

There are various risks associated with working on a construction site. While the men and women who work in this field know that they face certain hazards every time they show up at work, that does not mean these individuals do not have the right to a reasonably safe work environment. 

Email Us For A Response

Your Injury Won't Wait. Neither Should You. Tell Us About Your Case Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

3150 Almaden Expressway
Suite 147
San Jose, CA 95118

Toll Free: 866-658-7110
Phone: 831-222-2980
Fax: 408-816-7856
Map & Directions

3196 S Higuera Street
Suite D
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Toll Free: 866-658-7110
Map & Directions

137 Central Avenue
Suite 8-A
Salinas, CA 93901

Toll Free: 866-658-7110
Map & Directions

911 Center Street
Suite A
Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Phone: 831-222-3980
Map & Directions

Review Us